Life really does looks different through the camera.
I am Steve Watkins I am a wedding photojournalist and artist with a very distinct style of relaxed timeless artistic reportage wedding photography.
- I’ve been photographing weddings for years and I’m still really passionate about my work, regardless of what others say experience makes a big difference.
- I am really easy going which helps people open up and allows me to get great images.
- I love blurry dreamy like backgrounds where only certain parts are in focus.
- Completely unobtrusive, I work almost exclusively without flash using only available light even in the evening meaning I get more of the natural images as they happen.
- I work in a mix of colour and black & white using all the old school skills developed in the dark room with new school technology in my post production to create timeless images.
- I am a member of the highly prestigious wedding photojournalist association.
Whilst I’m very easy going my photography is more than just a series of candid snaps of the wedding. My images tells the story of the wedding in a natural yet artistic way. I’m really passionate about pushing myself to do better and better intentionally limit the number of weddings I photograph each year down to just 30 so that each one is given special attention spending about a week on each.
I prefer to photograph intimate, relaxed weddings where the emphasis is on enjoyment and celebration with between 10 and 120 guests.
I based in Bristol and Torquay but travel world wide for something special.
If you like the look and sound of what I offer then I’d love to hear from you.